Once you allow information to leave your possession, you open yourself or your business up to risk any time you carelessly discard a document with sensitive information on it. Businesses in Illinois can face lawsuits on the grounds of mishandled information, even if the sharing of that information was entirely accidental.
Narrowing down the list of documents to shred can be a difficult task, which is why we provide a list of documents we think are worth your consideration.
Types of Documents You Should Shred
- Legal correspondence
- Records from your Insurance Agency
- Expired Contracts and Legal Documents
- Outdated medical records
- Job applications
- All Payroll documents
- Personnel issues including performance appraisals and disciplinary reports.
- Anything with employee addresses and personal information
- Training manuals
Hard Drives and Electronic Media Devices
- Fax machines, scanners, copiers, and printers
- Mobile devices like cell phones, smart phones, PDAs, tablets and laptops
- Legacy magnetic media like floppy drives, zip disks and magnetic tapes
- PC hard drives
- Optical media, including CDs and DVDs
- USB removable media such as pen drives, thumb drives, flash drives and sticks
- Memory cards, including SD, SDHC, MMC, compact flash, microdrive and memory sticks
- Embedded flash on boards and devices, including motherboards and peripheral cards such as network adapters or any other adapter containing non volatile flash memory
- RAM and ROM-based storage devices
- Biomedical devices such as physiologic monitors, infusion pumps, ventilators, MRI, CT, and diagnostic ultrasound and laboratory analyzers
- Corporate records
- Purchase Orders
- Proprietary Data
- Supplier Lists
- Procurement Requests
- Bank Statements
- Internal accounting reports
- Customer lists
- A/R and A/P printouts
- Unused Checks
- Credit Card Statements and Receipts
- Prospect lists
- Customer lists
- Drafts of sales strategies
- Marketing related documents
Businesses should create a compilation of the types of records that should be shredded.
Don't Dread It, Shred it! Get FREE, No Obligations Quotes on Shredding in Chicago
At Chicago Document Shredding, we make it our top priority to provide you with flexible, affordable, and trustworthy service options. Whether you're looking for on site shredding, off site shredding, or hard drive shredding, we'll provide you with the right service that best suits your security interests. Fill out the form to the left or give us a call at (847) 978-4918 to get started on your free quote today!
Chicago Document Shredding will find you a secure self-contained, high speed mobile shredding service that comes out to your office. Your confidential documents are easily and securely destroyed without the interruption of your daily business operations. We work to save your business time, expense, and labor.